At Whytes of Crossgar we take the safety and wellbeing of our staff, customers and third parties working with us very seriously.
In line with our values, we have completed comprehensive risk assessments for all our operations and services. This follows guidance issued by the Government, the devolved governments in the UK, and Public Health scientific advisors.
We have completed comprehensive risk assessments of the services we offer to our customers and of our operating procedures, working practices and workplaces across our entire estate.
We have identified a range of controls to manage the risk of Covid-19 cross contamination and transmission. Where the risk of Covid-19 cannot be controlled to an acceptable level.
- Where risk of transmission cannot be controlled, services and work activities have been suspended.
- We have identified clear controls for providing services to clinically vulnerable and clinically extremely vulnerable customers in their homes.
- We have enhanced cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with official guidance for all our operations.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2 metre or 1 metre plus with mitigation for social distance in the workplace. Where social distancing is not always possible, we have put in place measures to manage transmission risk including limiting the number of customers in our store, one way pedestrian traffic systems where practicable, sneeze screens and barriers.
- We have strongly recommended and encouraged our staff who are public facing to wear face covering and asked the public who come into our shop to wear face coverings.
- We have increased the level of signage in the workplace and in the store to ensure that social distancing and hygiene standards are observed.
- We have provided information, instruction and training to ensure staff are fully aware of the precautions needed to control transmission.
The risk assessments are reviewed and updated regularly to ensure controls are still relevant and being implemented.
We will continue to review the impact of local restriction and lockdowns across the UK and keep our customers informed of the impact to the services we offer.